Spheric Research in conjunction with Undercurrent News has published the first ever ranking of the world’s Top 50 salmon companies. The report, which comes packed with insights gleaned from interviews with industry executives, underscores the industry’s growth challenges and Mowi’s unchallenged position as No. 1 producer. We provide exclusive data from Aq,uaChile on how it has become the dominant No. 2 player, moving ahead of Cermaq, Leroy Seafood and SalMar in the rankings. This original dataset, which provides historical production and M&A data, also reveals some surprising facts about the industry, from the structure of producers to its demographical composition.
The report offers years of collective knowledge compiled in a ranking that includes data from many privately-owned companies.
Get insight into our original data on family ownership, M&A trends and other areas of company performance.
With the Salmon’s Top 50 2021 report you get:
- Top 50 ranking, calculated from 2020 production data
- Revenue data for the Top 50
- Post-smolt strategies of top producers
- Offshore designs and tonnage projections from development licenses
- Geographical breakdown of Top 50 farmers
- Proportion of family ownership in the salmon industry
- Generational management structures among top 50 companies
- Latest available revenue data for the Top 50
Go and request a copy here