Matt founded Spheric Research in 2017 to provide specialist analysis and insights into the seafood industry. Here’s a brief bio:
- Matt started working in natural resource research in 2002, joining CRU, the world’s main consultancy house for the global mining industry
- Joined Bloomberg in 2004 to set up a metals news desk and cover the London Metals Exchange. Developed a global steel industry beat for Bloomberg in the Europe/Middle East/Africa region and covered Mittal Steel Co.’s $36 billion hostile takeover deal of European steelmaker Arcelor
- Set up Bloomberg’s agricultural news desk in South America to capture market share for news from traders operating on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange hub.
- Stories published in New York Times, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine, TV appearances on Bloomberg TV, PBS Newshour
- MBA candidate of Cornell University and Queen’s University in Canada, graduating May 2018
- Wrote seafood industry news since 2008 for Bloomberg; dedicated to industry since 2016; contributor to industry publication Undercurrent News
- Author of two in-depth seafood industry reports (see link to Undercurrent News)
- UK national, based in Chile for most of the year. Spanish native fluency; intermediate Portuguese.